| Enroll now:
Bangkok: Postponed until 2013
SIT TESOL Certificate Course is an intensive 130-hour ESL/EFL teacher
training course which provides participants with the skills and
confidence needed to succeed in the language classroom.
Certificate is recognized worldwide, and is offered at centers in Asia,
Australia, Africa, North and South America and Europe.
Get a graduate's perspective on the course. Watch the video on Facebook.
About AUA Language Center
is the host site for the course. It
has been Thailand's leading provider of English language instruction
since its inception in 1952. With 21 branches spread throughout the
Kingdom, it has provided language instruction to over 400,000 students.
It has been involved in English teacher training within Thailand for
over a quarter of a century.
School for International Training (SIT) is a graduate school located in
Vermont, USA. It has been a leader in the field of Teaching English to
Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) for more the 30 years. It is
recognized worldwide for the excellence of its teacher training
Where can I take the course?
We now have one training site in Thailand.
- Bangkok: AUA Cham Churi Square, 319 Phyathai Road, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand.
Why study with us?
Combining the local knowledge of AUA and the international expertise of
SIT, the SIT TESOL Course in Thailand offers unique advantages:
- Worldwide recognition. Graduates from the SIT Certificate Course are now teaching English throughout the world.
- The biggest EFL provider in Asia. This means plenty of opportunity to practice teaching real students in real classes.
- High quality trainers. Trainers have Masters degrees in the field and a wealth of practical experience in Asia and beyond.
- Experiential learning.
Participants learn to make sense of their own experiences. This ensures
that your growth as a teacher will continue long after the course has
- Fewer participants, more trainers. With only 12 participants per course and an average of 3 trainers, you'll receive plenty of personal attention.
- Job placement assistance. AUA regularly hires teachers and can also provide information about local and international schools and colleges.
- Visa assistance. You'll receive all the visa guiadance and support necessary.
- Fully acredited. The
certificate is recognized by the Thai Ministry of Education, allowing
graduates to gain a work permit and thus teach legally in Thailand.
Who should take the course?
The course is suitable for those who are interested in developing their skills as an EFL/ESL teacher and who will primarily be working with adult learners(senior H.S. and above)
- Novice teachers: The course offers solid, practical, teaching techniques to ensure you enter the classroom with confidence.
- More experienced teachers: Through
a process of reflection, more experienced teachers are able to explore
and critique their teaching, leading to positive changes. They will
also be able to explore a wide range of teaching and classroom
- Non-native speakers. It's
not only native speakers who can teach English. The course is open to
anyone who can function fully in an English-speaking environment.
Why take a TEFL/TESL course in Thailand?
Thailand really does have some unique advantages:
- Cheap living expenses, including affordable apartments, hotels, and guest houses.
- A vast array of job opportunities - in Bangkok, in provincial Thailand, and in neighboring countries.
Easy access to AUA. For example, AUA Bangkok is only a 5-minute walk from Ratchadamri Skytrain station.
Back to top
©2005 - 2009 auathailand.org
All Rights Reserved.