ABOUT HOPE COLLEGE:
Hope College is recognized as a premier undergraduate institution offering world-class academic experiences and facilities within a safe and supportive community where students are nurtured by professors who value the mentor role they provide because of the 11:1 student to professor ratio.
- One of 40 schools listed in a widely used book called “Colleges That Change Lives.”
- Tied with Stanford (#11 out of 1,061) for students who would choose the same school again.
- US News ranks Hope #106 in the national liberal arts category.
- 87% gain admission to their first choice graduate or professional school and 7% more to their second choice.
- Niche College Rankings named Hope the #1 Liberal Arts College in Michigan, and #63 in America.
- Nationally known for research
- More rankings and recognition…
Academic Programs, Off-Campus Study, and Internships
- With over 80 majors and over 300 professors, Hope offers much more choice than other smaller schools. Hope’s 11:1 student to one faculty ratio ensures students are cared for. Top programs include Engineering, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Business. All programs listed here.
- Internships are available to all students in all majors.
- Semester opportunities are available in Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C.
- International programs are available in over 300 locations in more than 70 countries
- Facilities are the best available – anywhere!
Housing and Food
- Excellent housing is available to all students for all four years. Options include dorms, apartments, and cottages.
- Hope’s food service is award-winning and serves 21 meals per week and helps international students over breaks.
Location and Campus Atmosphere and Surrounding Community
- Holland has been recognized as one of America’s most beautiful (Parade Magazine), Friendliest (Gallup-Healthwise) and safest (Forbes and Farmers Insurance) mid-sized cities in America. There is a strong relationship between the college and community, and many leaders are mentors to Hope students. Also, many local businesses provide excellent internships.
- Campus life is warm and engaging. Social life provides hundreds of clubs and activities to join, and it’s easy to participate!
- The Christian character of Hope means students can grow in their faith if they desire, but no one is forced to be religious.
International Student Support
- Excellent support and non-academic advising by the Office of International Education
- Special Orientation for Students and Parents
With a vibrant community that develops the whole person – mind, body, and spirit – there has never been a better time to consider Hope!