AUA’s EAP program offers three different levels which will take you from Getting Started, through Getting There to Being There. Each level has 2 components: Reading & Writing and Listening & Speaking. These courses provide English language preparation and academic skill development for students who are planning to study in an overseas university or in local university international programs. The program is designed to strengthen:
- language skills for academic study in an English speaking university setting
- academic presentation skills
- critical thinking skills
- the ability to learn independently
*For 2017 academic terms, this course is offered in Bangkok-area branches only.
Reading & Writing Component
These sessions focus on reading and writing and are designed to develop and practice the reading, writing, and critical thinking strategies needed for analyzing and responding to academic texts.
Improve your writing...
Listening & Speaking Component
These sessions develop the listening and speaking skills needed for active participation in university-level courses.
Learn how to...
- Take effective notes,
- Give presentations
- Lead and participate in class discussions
- Asking questions
- Sharing opinions
- Expressing agreement and disagreement
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program students will be able to…
- have gained the ability to employ relevant tactics for distinct tasks, ranging from giving presentations to preparing coursework for overseas study
- be able to use rhetorical and logical language and tactics to express ideas effectively in writing
- engage critically with issues and express conceptual ideas fluently in academic English
- 3 Levels (120 hours per level)
- 6-week course (60–120 hours per week)
- One or two 2.5-hour sessions per day, 4 days a week
- EAP Placement test for new students
- AUA Platinum (B1–B2 on the CEFR)
- Course advisement ("Is this course right for me?)
- To contact an AUA Advisor, click HERE.