This course is designed to help both pre-service and in-service English teachers develop best practices in English language teaching. Each module is grounded in theory and introduces immediately applicable activities and instructional design principles.
- Activities & Materials for language teaching
- Teaching Speaking I: Basic Conversation
- Teaching Speaking II: Accuracy & Fluency
- Talking Text: Teaching Interactive Reading
- The Art of Teaching Writing
- Dynamic Vocabulary Teaching
- Modern Grammar
- Teaching Listening
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Media & Technology for teaching
- To develop the professionalism of teachers of English by providing them with a solid practical and theoretical foundation for language teaching
- To help Thai teachers of English improve their English language skills and build their confidence in using English when they teach
- To provide newcomers to the English language teaching profession with training and credentials to help them become teachers or tutors
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course you will be able to…
- improve your understanding of English language learning in Thai educational contexts.
- apply the principles and techniques of effective English language teaching develop.
- locate or develop appropriate resources and materials for teaching.
- 6-week course (15 hours)
- 2.5-hour sessions once a week
- Workshop style
- One module per course (dates to be confirmed)
*Available at Chamchuri Square, Srinakarin, Hua Mark, and Udon Thani branches.
- Placement test for new students
- AUA Gold (A2–B1 on the CEFR)
- Course advisement (“Is this course right for me?)
- To contact an AUA Advisor, click HERE.