This program offers six levels of comprehensive skill building, with a focus on academic writing—the type of writing used in university courses and professional occupations. Levels 1, 2 and 3 focus on sentence and paragraph form, while Levels 4 and 5 focus on essays. Level 6 further develops essay writing skills, including timed assignments. Complete Level 6 and receive AUA’s Certificate of Writing Achievement.
- To develop the ability to generate and organize ideas before writing
- To compose and connect sentences when writing a paragraph
- To both recognize and write well-crafted documents
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course students will be able to…
- generate and organize their ideas efficiently before writing.
- revise their writing more effectively before finalizing a document.
- craft their writing for optimum clarity and impact.
- 6 Levels (20 hours per level)
- 4-week course (20 hours)
- 2.5-hour sessions 2 days a week
- Placement test for new students
- AUA Silver (A1–A2 on the CEFR)
- Course advisement (“Is this course right for me?)
- To contact an AUA Advisor, click HERE.