This program offers five levels of comprehensive skill building, with a focus on academic writing—the type of writing used in university courses. Levels 1 and 2 focus on sentence and paragraph form, while Levels 3 and 4 move from paragraphs to essays. Level 5 further develops essay writing skills, including timed assignments. Complete Level 5 and receive AUA’s Certificate of Writing Achievement.
- To develop the ability to generate and organize ideas before writing
- To compose and connect sentences when writing a paragraph
- To both recognize and write well-crafted documents
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course students will be able to…
- generate and organize their ideas efficiently before writing.
- revise their writing more effectively before finalizing a document.
- craft their writing for optimum clarity and impact.
- 5 Levels (24 hours per level)
- 6-week course (24 hours)
- 2-hour sessions 2 days a week
- Placement test for new students
- AUA Silver (A1–A2 on the CEFR)
- Course advisement (“Is this course right for me?)
- To contact an AUA Advisor, click HERE.