Learn skills and strategies to understand different types of listening challenges. Activities are true-to-life, at natural speed, and include common idioms. Public announcements, news reports, narrations, job interviews, and telephone conversations present fresh challenges throughout the course.
- To improve student comprehension of spoken English in a variety of work and real-world situations
- To pick out the main ideas, key details and inferred meanings when listening to English speakers and media
- Use context to better predict and infer meaning in a range of listening situations
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program students will be able to…
- better understand the gist of difficult listening passages by using context and keywords.
- recognize important details and specific information when listening.
- process and comprehend real-world spoken English in personal interactions, as well as from audio and video media.
- 2 Parts (24 hours per part)
- 6-week course (24 hours)
- 2-hour sessions 2 days a week
- Placement test for new students
- Course advisement (“Is this course right for me?)
- To contact an AUA Advisor, click HERE.