English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
If you are planning to study abroad or in an international program at a university in Thailand then this course is for you.
EAP program offers three different levels which will take you from Getting Started, through Getting There to Being There.
Each level has 2 components: Reading & Writing and Listening & Speaking. These courses provide English language preparation and academic skill development
for students who are planning to study in an overseas university or in local university international programs.
The program is designed to strengthen:
· language skills for academic study in an English speaking university setting
· academic presentation skills
· critical thinking skills
· the ability to learn independently
Reading & Writing Component :
These sessions focus on reading and writing and are designed to develop and practice the reading, writing, and critical
thinking strategies needed for analyzing and responding to academic texts.
Strengthen your :
Improve your writing :
Listening & Speaking Component :
These sessions develop the listening and speaking skills needed for active participation in university-level courses.
Learn how to :
· Take effective notes
· Give presentations
· Lead and participate in class discussions
· Asking questions
· Sharing opinions
· Expressing agreement and disagreement
Course Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this program students will be able to…
· have gained the ability to employ relevant tactics for distinct tasks, ranging from giving presentations to preparing coursework for overseas study
· be able to use rhetorical and logical language and tactics to express ideas effectively in writing
· engage critically with issues and express conceptual ideas fluently in academic English
Each course lasts 16 hours.
Within 4 weeks with a 4 hour per week
2 times a week(4 hours)
Student qualification :
18 years old and above
Exam results at level B1 and above
New students before studying take AUA-Oxford Placement Test (and interview if necessary)
There is a maximum of nine students in the class .
A computer (not a smartphone) is necessary. It needs video conferencing for online class meetings.