- To develop your English communication skills to help you build rapport with patients, their relatives, as well as your healthcare colleagues
- To build your confidence to better handle the unique pressures of working in a healthcare environment with foreign patients and colleagues
- To improve your ability to communicate when dealing with patient admission, taking medical specimens, patient handover, post-operation assessment and discharge planning – as well as patients in pain – and advising patients on necessary lifestyle changes
Course Learning Outcomes
- use English to build trust and empathy with patients and their relatives.
- communicate confidently in a healthcare environment.
- explain and discuss a wide range of potentially sensitive healthcare issues, using polite expressions and English medical terminology.
- 6-week course (30 hours)
- 2.5-hour sessions twice a week
- 3-week course (30 hours)
- 2.5-hour sessions four days a week
- Off-site to be arranged separately
*For 2017 academic terms, this course is offered in Bangkok-area branches only.
- Placement test for new students
- AUA Gold (A2–B1 on the CEFR)
- Course advisement (“Is this course right for me?)
- To contact an AUA Advisor, click HERE.